16 October 2014

Fulaga

We had a rough sail from Savu Savu `to the  Lou group. Fulaga is one of the places in the Lou group.
 Its supposed to be the most beautiful island in the world, but thats not what impressed me.
 When I heard there were little towns in Fulaga I imagined little palm leaf houses and not
 very many people,but when I got there I was really really really impressed with how
 there town was structured and how the houses were built. 

I had heard that we had to check with the chief and do a little ceremony to be exepted into Fulaga.
 We walked threw the town handing out treats to all the kids. In the middle of the town was a round
 house with a throne carved into a block of stone outside the door. We entered the house there was a woven palm leaf carpet on the ground.

 In the corner sat an old man who was obviously the chief.
 He wore a wrap around skirt and looked  really tired. We walked in and sat in a circle,
 our parents gave the chief a special root called Kava they ground it up in there village to
 make a special drink also called Kava. I thought that they were going to make the
 Kava for us instead they passed around a little book and we all made a little entry for him.
That was the fun part, but then my friends, my sisters, and I all had to stand up and sing. 

I had been a lot of places and had to check in a be exerted but i’d never been to a place 

like that.

No comments: