28 August 2014

Muapaha


We sailed from Bora-Bora to an island called Muapaha. All our friends were their, and they too us that the island was inhabited by locals. They lived with each other in one house on the island getting food from the sea. One day we decided to meet them. There were two older people a man and a women married, and there was some teenagers one boy and three girls. The boy was named Heo he could put his hand in the water and a fews minutes later come up with a fish or lobster it was amazing. The girls were almost all identical, they would collect shells and make the most beautiful necklaces.

Every day we went to the beach and collected shell and bathed our feet in warm coals from the fire the night before. On The island which was actually an atoll (a stretch of land around a lagoon) there’s hickes to the other side. That is the perfect place to find shells because it was covered in coral. Remi De an boat that we know that was on the island found about 150 shells from that beach which is probably why we only found a few. 

We moved over to the other side of the atoll for a day and went fishing, but we weren’t very successful. The next day we moved back to the other anchorage for my friends birthday. Of course her B-day was on the beach with the native family they taught us how to weave hats out of palm fronds I still have mine although I doubt I could make another one.

On our last day a swedish boat offered me and my friend Remi to go wake boarding with them (wake boarding is snow boarding on water.) I have never done it before but Remi told me I did very well on my first try. I didn’t want to leeve my friends behind but I had no choice, the next front was in a week and my dad had meetings in Tonga so we had to leeve.

No comments: