07 May 2014

Barley the Marlin


One day when we were sailing across the pacific 
I heard that buzz-buzz-buzzthat means we caught a fish
my dad heard it also we both raced to the back of the boat were the line was.

My dad started reeling it in “its…a..big…one is all he managed.
Stella went down to wake up my uncle after a bit of moaning we got him up 
my dad gave him the gaff which is a long stick that has a hook on the end.
Ok your going to gaff it and i’ll hit it with the hammer he said to my uncle
wait just a minute said my mom and she hurried in side to get our fishing book
when she came out she started flipping threw the pages till
she found the right one ahhhh here it is she said.
“Never try to bring one of these on board. If you catch one I
recommend setting it free” I glanced at my dad and uncle they had 
fake innocent looks my mom went on “People have actually been
impaled by last minute attacks by the fish.” 

By now my dad and uncle were shrinking back with innocent looks
on there faces. so I guess were gonna set it free said my dad 
yes we are said my mom.
I got some scissor for my dad to cut the line with he took the scissor and was about 
to cut the line when he remembered something he called out 
guys quick name him so we did.


                   And from that day on he’s been now’n as Barley the Marlin

No comments: