18 September 2013

The Chocolate In Chocolate




My grandmother came to visit us for Jade's and her birthday. We went to the chocolate factory for my grandmother's birthday, and it was really fun.

 When we went into the building we saw a table that was full of fruits that we had never seen and some spices and the guy there that was going to give us a tour just after my grand father came back from the chocolate store any ways the tour guide told us about the fruits and the spices.

 After my grandfather came back from the store the tour  guide took us out in the woods and showed us how to get the pods off the trees.


It was really fun  Stella was the first to actually nock one down I tried but it was way harder than it looked. The first one went bad, so we got a second one down from the trees and we cracked it open on a rock  we ate the inside, and it was very good.

mean wile my mom was looking around on the ground for avocados.

The tour guide saw my mom picking up a avocado that was on the ground and he walked over and said I'm pretty sure that you don't want to eat that of the ground my mom said it looks pretty good. all get you one from the tree he picked a high one and said all get you this one.

 My dad offered to catch  it when it fell down so with the tour guides long stick that had a knife at the end of it he cut it of it came hurtling down to my dads open hands and missed by an inch and crashed to the ground.

 My mom walked over and said it looks fine she picked it up the tour guide said if you say so and got her two more low ones from the trees and caught them him self.





Then we walked up the path to the building and saw these big strips of pavement. The tour guide walked over to them and pulled out a big drawer it was full of dried cocoa beans.

 he let us walk in them he said that that was what they did every half an hour because they wanted them to dry out so you have to turn them over like your baking them well you sort of are baking them, after we walked in them we got to taste one it was very bitter but good.



 Then I had to go to the bathroom so I went up to the restaurant, and when I came back I saw my sister and my other sister sitting in a little trolley type thing.

 I squeezed in with them and he took us for a ride after we came back to were are parents were standing the tour guide walked us up to  were I saw the oldest tree I  think that had ever lived it was split in half at the bottom and came back together in the middle were I also saw a bell that if you were really short you had to clime the tree so me and jade and Stella had to clime the tree the tour guide let us ring the bell a couple, times it was fun after that he led us in to the big building and sat us down in front of a TV  he said now I'm going to show you a video of long ago in the chocolate factory I'll be right back with some test tasters for you and some cocoa tea. When he came back with the cocoa tea it was delicious then he brought us a sixty percent chocolate and a seventy percent, they were awesome.

 We ate all of the little pieces in the cup evan though I don't think we weren't supposed to .
The tour was over then me and Stella dragged are grandmother out of the building and over to the talking parrot that's name is rainbow we spent a few minutes with the parrot then rushed over to the tortoises!!! they were sort of cool we got to hold the babies it was fun evan though for a week afterward I had these mysterious red bumps on my legs but I was okay.


                                                    Man was the chocolate factory fun.
The knife that they use for
 getting the pods down(or avocados)




Me and jade looking at the seeds




Middle of cocoa pod


No comments: