11 June 2014

Flat Bread


We were introduced to flat bread from my moms friend Toni. She lives on a catamaran.
They have been our friends for a long time. She brought bread to our boat for a party, there was tons of bread but 
we ate it all. Toni gave my mom the recipe and the next the day we tried it. 

I decided that I wanted to try making it so I got the bowl out well at least I did that right but after that every other thing went wrong. The first mistake was I didn’t put the oil, warm water and, sugar, yeast in the right the second mistake was that I burned the water and it burned off the effect of the yeast. The third mistake was I didn’t wait to put the  flower in so it did something bad I didn’t even get to know what it was before my mom was yelling at me. 

I felt so bad that I messed up everybodys food. It turned out that the bread surprisingly
 was actually not so bad my mom even said “this isn’t so bad” see I told you it isn’t.
After that all my flat bread was excellent with a spice called zatar that we love and some 
olive oil. 




There is a recipe to this bread and its the best you’ll ver get so listen up.

1 1/4 Cup warm water (110-120 degrees fahrenheit)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 pkg yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
1 Tbsp sugar 
3 1/2 Cup flour

Combine the water, olive oil, yeast, sugar. Let stand 10 minutes. Add
flour and a pinch of salt. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
Cover and let rise 45 minutes. Then put in pan with olive oil and cook.


                                                Eat up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cleo, that bread looks delicious ! Since I am a great cook, I may try to make some. Or maybe I should ask Mimi to do it. What do you think?--Pop